1. Be present & respectful – pay attention to what is going on rather than what you want to talk about. This shows that you are giving them your undivided attention and courtesy.
2. Make good eye contact & shake hands w/ a firm handshake. Both of these show a good strong character.
3. Exude confidence by having good posture and speaking clearly & thoughtfully.
4. Communicate w/ care & politeness as you would a face-to-face with all of your phone conversations, emails and social media.
5. Follow up with a thank you by phone, email or handwritten note.